Sapphire Laguna is looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with high standards of excellence to
build its team of professionals. We are seeking talented people who are committed to providing guests
with exceptional service.
RESTAURANT SERVER ASSISTANT –
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE
The Server Assistant provides excellent customer service to our guests by directly supporting the service staff such as Servers and Bartenders. The Server Assistant contributes to the overall Guest satisfaction and is an integral part of providing a memorable dining experience for our Guests. The Server Assistant is also responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for opening the restaurant at the prescribed time and ensuring the restaurant seating and service area is clean and ready for Guests to enter.
● Responsible for closing the restaurant and the prescribed time and ensuring that all service areas are cleaned, maintained and set for the following shift/day of service.
● The Server Assistant is responsible for assisting the Server in preparing the service stations for service including all preparation of food running station, any culinary ingredients used in the service station, set up and stocking all service items and all products, including back-ups, needed for proper service.
● A Server Assistant must maintain a professional appearance and friendly attitude toward Guests, other associates and Management staff.
● Excellent etiquette, ability to multitask, hospitality minded, customer service-oriented and an outgoing personality are qualities we look for.
● The Server Assistant must work with efficiency – ensuring that Guests feel cared for and welcomed.
● You will be responsible for direct support of the Servers and Bartenders with tasks such as beverage service and refills, bread service, clearing plates, setting mis en place, table maintenance and table setting.
● You will be required to be knowledgeable about and able to prepare non alcoholic beverages.
● You will work as part of a service team and effectively communicate with other associates.
● Cleans serving area continually.
● Maintains appearance and cleanliness of all equipment and serving counters.
● Performs other related duties as required.
RESTAURANT HOST –
Mature, professional individuals with at least 1-2 years experience in a fine dining establishment are encouraged to apply. Responsible for opening the restaurant at the prescribed time and ensuring the reception area is clean and ready for guests to enter. A host/hostess must maintain a professional appearance and friendly attitude toward guests, other employees and management staff.
Excellent phone etiquette, ability to multitask, hospitality and customer service-oriented and experience with Open Table reservations system is a plus.
● Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests, informs them of specials.
● Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction by delivering five star service.
● Always strives to exceed guests’ expectations.
● Communicate with all associates of VIP guests
● Takes names on a waiting list.
● Runs the floor plan board.
● Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
● Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
● Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area.
● Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
● Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
● Sweeps foyer and front entrance area frequently.
● Performs other duties as directed.
Sapphire Culinary Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sapphire Culinary Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sapphire Culinary Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sapphire Culinary Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.