Sapphire Laguna is looking for experienced and dedicated individuals with high standards of excellence to
build its team of professionals. We are seeking talented people who are committed to providing guests
with exceptional service.
CHEF DE CUISINE
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE
As Chef de Cuisine, you will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that company systems and standard operating procedures are met for all areas that directly report to him/her. Primary responsibilities are overseeing all aspects of food creation and execution, however, there is overlap in assisting Corporate Chef in many other areas. Chef de Cuisine will have administrative responsibilities as they pertain to his/her direct reports. In addition, s/he is also responsible for working closely with the Corporate Chef to assure standards are being met in all other aspects of the Restaurants operation. Must be capable of fulfilling all areas of the Corporate chef’s responsibilities in his/her absence. Must work closely with Executive Chef in promoting company’s culture, mission and philosophy.
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT THIS POSITION?
● Great benefit package
● Company sponsored Medical Benefits
● Company sponsored Life Insurance Policy
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on need. Frequent evening, weekend and holiday work is required.
RESTAURANT FLOOR MANAGER
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE
Floor Manager wanted for a upscale, full service restaurant on the sandy shore of Laguna Beach. Known for over 10 years of impeccable food, and exceptional service, we are looking for one highly motivated Manager who is a self-starter and is able to lead and motivate a large team who has grown with the company over the years.
There is a high emphasis on guest service, structure, and exhibiting a high level of hospitality at all times. Those applying must have a minimum of 5 years’ upper level management experience in high end/fine dining restaurants plus the following requirements:
- Must have a passion for the restaurant industry.
- Familiarity with wine and beverage.
- Possess an understanding of fine quality ingredients and current food trends.
- High volume experience.
- Experience with cost and labor control.
- P&L management.
- General Payroll and labor law knowledge.
- Valid Manager Serv Safe certificate.
- High standards, knowledge of finer steps of service and high attention to detail are a must.
- Preferably live within a 20 mile radius of Laguna Beach, but not required.
RESTAURANT HOST | PART TIME
Mature, professional individuals with at least 1-2 years experience in a fine dining establishment are encouraged to apply. Responsible for opening the restaurant at the prescribed time and ensuring the reception area is clean and ready for guests to enter. A host/hostess must maintain a professional appearance and friendly attitude toward guests, other employees and management staff.
Excellent phone etiquette, ability to multitask, hospitality and customer service-oriented and experience with Open Table reservations system is a plus.
● Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests, informs them of specials.
● Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction by delivering five star service.
● Always strives to exceed guests’ expectations.
● Communicate with all associates of VIP guests.
● Takes names on a waiting list.
● Runs the floor plan board.
● Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
● Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
● Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area.
● Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
● Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
● Sweeps foyer and front entrance area frequently.
● Performs other duties as directed.
This is a part-time position. Frequent evening and weekend shifts are required. Must be able to work Holidays.
BARISTA | SAPPHIRE PANTRY | PART TIME
Sapphire Pantry baristas perform several job duties and provide customer service. Baristas also take orders and make coffee, tea, and other drinks to customer specifications. Baristas may also operate cash registers and credit card machines. Baristas may field customer complaints or questions, as well. Baristas at Sapphire Pantry also must often clean coffee machines, restaurant areas, restrooms, and preparation areas during a normal shift. Baristas work to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages as well as complete assigned tasks from management every day.
● Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge.
● Must have open availability (at least 4 shifts).
● Assists guests with purchases and answers questions about products and pairings.
● Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events.
● Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated.
● Assists with new associate training by positively reinforcing standards and performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
● Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
● Performs other duties as directed.
This is a part-time position, typically working 25-30 hours a week. Weekend and Holiday shifts may be required.
Sapphire Culinary Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sapphire Culinary Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sapphire Culinary Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sapphire Culinary Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.